Shiseido took over the California-based firm to strengthen its presence in the U.S. market and expand its product offerings to include the U.S. company's mineral-based cosmetics.
• Expanding Shiseido’s brand portfolio into the mineral-based cosmetics market, attracting a wider customer base;
• Creating a complementary multi-channel and truly global distribution network, giving Bare Escentuals greater access to Japan, one of the world’s largest cosmetics markets, as well as other fast-growing Asian markets such as China;
• Strengthening Shiseido’s successful U.S. and European business;
• Maximizing both companies’ production capabilities and R&D resources;
• Delivering a significant premium to Bare Escentuals shareholders; and
• Offering compelling growth prospects and future value creation for Shiseido shareholders.
First and foremost, I would like to thank our talented employees, our channel partners, and our loyal customers who have helped build Bare Escentuals from a small niche brand into one of the world’s leading prestige cosmetics companies. Together with Shiseido, we look forward to bringing our mineral-based beauty products to even more women worldwide.” (The Japan Times)